500-seat Church & Rectory | East Monument Street
Address: 1025 & 1031 E Monument Street
County: Baltimore City
Buildings are offered as a package or separately. Built in 1876, the church accommodates approximately 500, with pew seating and a large u-shaped balcony. Over 12,000 SF on two levels, the building offers classrooms, offices, kitchen, and fellowship hall. The gasfired boiler is believed to be functional; 800 amps of power; there is no central air conditioning. The church portion of the property requires substantial renovations.
The rectory, built in 1920, is in good condition, having been fully renovated and modernized with full sprinker system about 15 years ago. With ±3738 SF on three finished levels, plus an extra level accessed by custom spiral staircases, the rectory offers multiple office/classroom/meeting rooms, a kitchen, and unique loft space on the uppermost level. The configuration is suitable for daycare, residential care facility, or educational facility.
The property is zoned R8, with the following permitted uses:
Home daycare, child or adult
- Residential care facility
- Multi-family dwelling
- Educational facility (primary, secondary)
Place of worship
Church - $279,000
· ±12,772 SF on two levels, plus wraparound balcony.
· Sanctuary seats ±500.
· Large kitchen.
· Dining hall seats ±200.
· Numerous offices, classrooms, meeting rooms.
Rectory - $249,000
· ±3738 SF on three finished levels, plus extra loft level accessed by custom spiral staircases.
· Kitchen, offices, classrooms, meeting rooms.
· HVAC and some ADA upgrades (no elevator).
· Small yard space front and rear.
· Street parking available on Monument and Stirling, plus room for 2 to 3 cars on site.