±600-seat Cathedral & School | Aisquith St
Address: 947 Aisquith St
County: Baltimore City
This architecturally-extraordinary cathedral, with attached 4-story office/school wing, offers an ±8,000+ SF sanctuary with a large balcony, creating a potential seating capacity for over 600. Originally built in 1865, the sanctuary retains much of its original detail and grandeur, and now includes a baptismal pool. Some areas of the school wing/former rectory have been renovated, with other areas requiring significant work. Renovated portions of the school wing have forced air gas HVAC. On the lower level, there is a full commercial kitchen, and there are multiple kitchenettes throughout the property. There is also courtyard space on each side of the sanctuary. Some original stained-glass windows remain. The steeple was damaged by a lightning strike in 2020, and requires repair. The property is listed on both the Maryland Historical Trust (#B-3608) and the National Historic Register, but there is no evidence of a historical easement. Please verify with MHT. See documents for download.
Medusa Historical Record -- no easement