Church with Hall & School | Old Camp Meade Rd, Severn, MD
Acreage: ±1.25 acres
Address: 1215 Old Camp Meade Road
County: Anne Arundel County
Conveniently located off Reece Road in Severn, the former Severn United Methodist Church offers many flexible options for worship and ministry -- as well as potential revenue streams. Estimated to be approximately 10,000 SF, the complex offers ample multipurpose rooms (some with wall dividers) to support ministries such as music, youth, food pantry, education, and sports. The complex includes a sanctuary, a fellowship hall with kitchen, a chapel, and a school/office wing. The air-conditioned sanctuary offers pew seating for 345 with room to expand into the overflow space. Adjacent to the sanctuary, and connected by sliding window panels, is the original chapel (built circa 1925). The original chapel now serves as overflow space during busy services, and it could also function as a separate room for youth ministry, music, or Sunday school. The chapel has separate interior and exterior access points. The two-level school wing, built in 1960, provides the main entry point, a small foyer, and office space on the upper level. The main level of the complex includes classrooms, hall, stage, commercial-style kitchen, multi-purpose rooms, and meeting room with fireplace. The school wing has window units and is served by a small elevator. The property sale includes three land parcels, two of which are unimproved. The parcels are ±5662 SF, ±21,780 SF, and ±27,137 SF, totaling ±54,579 SF -- or ±1.25 acres. On the exterior, there is paved, striped parking for roughly 30 vehicles, and the congregation had often used the adjacent lot for overflow parking (the lot is included in the sale). Updates have been made to the boiler and A/C; and the roof was replaced roughly five years ago. Cosmetic updates include new flooring in the hall, a new grease trap in the kitchen, new toilets, and freshening of the classroom spaces. The property is sold as is. Interior chattels convey. No lease option. A deed restriction mandates that the property must be used as a church.